Tech Diary - because I do a lot of things - and sometime I forgot these things.
- Integrated Hagrid (FFX subscriber plaftorm) with Zendesk for Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey.
Learned heaps about delayed job
- Started contracting as Ruby Dev at Fairfax Media, as part of Digital Subscription team.
- Last week with Aphid, revisiting Electron (for the 3rd time) in an attempt to
replace our legacy Adobe AIR app.
- Went to RedDotRuby Conf - happy to have made connections with Singapore Rubyists and Rubyists
from all over Asia (and the world).
- Went to AWS Sydney Summit - wasn’t impresssed.
- Tweaked nginx logging - so it’s nicer. Also finally version controlled it: GitHub.
- Submitted a my first ever conference talk proposal (for RedDotRuby Conf). It didn’t make it -
but it was a good experience.
- First time wrote a tender submission - spent the whole weekend doing it.
- Upgrade Nginx - 2 years too late.
- Finally a Grails deployment to AWS that I am not ashamed of.
- Upgraded this site to Octopress 3
- Went to RubyConf AU on Gold Coast - the best conf after party ever (at Movie World!).
- Rewrite app from CoffeeScript to TypeScript.
- Fianally got to play with AWS.
- Helped Mobile Eye Clinic with their optometry software (built on Grails).
- Went to RubyConf AU on Melbourne. Honestly, the best conference I’ve been to hands down,
so much diverse topics, such as: dealing with imposter syndrome, dealing with depression, live music through Ruby code!,
knitting as a service. Mind blown.
- Helped ActivSky - a startup providing iOS based Point of Sale system and customer loyalty system.
Documented the experience here
2010 - 2011
CodlFusion Technical Lead for Gruden, looking after their two core clients: Australia Department of Finance’s and
NSW Government’s Tender applications.
2007 - 2010
ColdFusion developer for FForesite then RecruitAdvantage.
Started my IT career as a PHP web developer with S3 Group.