Tech Diary - because I do a lot of things - and sometime I forgot these things.
- AWS Solution Architect Associate Certified
- Volunteered for RubyConf AU 2018
- AWS Developer Associate Certified
- Lead / Co-lead Subscribe with Google integration
- Kick off the subscription re-architecture at FFX
- From April, I have been primarily code in Golang
- Have been thrown in to do work on React too, had to learn React, Redux, Recompose etc.
- Learning Kubernetes on the side.
- From January to April, part of the identity and access management (IDAM) migration project, migrated the IDAM platform from in house platform to Gigya. We use factory method pattern a lot to assist with the migration.
- Started to think a lot about microservices and started to look at Golang
- Testing the water - a lot of heartbreaks, but all worked out in the end - God works in a mysterious way.
- Double down on AWS - starting the cloud journey.
- Integrated Hagrid (FFX subscriber plaftorm) with Zendesk for Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Learned heaps about delayed job
- Started contracting as Ruby Dev at Fairfax Media, as part of Digital Subscription team.
- Last week with Aphid, revisiting Electron (for the 3rd time) in an attempt to replace our legacy Adobe AIR app.
- Went to RedDotRuby Conf - happy to have made connections with Singapore Rubyists and Rubyists from all over Asia (and the world).
- Went to AWS Sydney Summit - wasn’t impresssed.
- Tweaked nginx logging - so it’s nicer. Also finally version controlled it: GitHub.
- Submitted a my first ever conference talk proposal (for RedDotRuby Conf). It didn’t make it - but it was a good experience.
- First time wrote a tender submission - spent the whole weekend doing it.
- Upgrade Nginx - 2 years too late.
- Finally a Grails deployment to AWS that I am not ashamed of.
- Upgraded this site to Octopress 3
- Went to RubyConf AU on Gold Coast - the best conf after party ever (at Movie World!).
- Rewrite app from CoffeeScript to TypeScript.
- Finally got to play with AWS.
- Helped Mobile Eye Clinic with their optometry software (built on Grails).
- Went to RubyConf AU on Melbourne. Honestly, the best conference I’ve been to hands down, so much diverse topics, such as: dealing with imposter syndrome, dealing with depression, live music through Ruby code!, knitting as a service. Mind blown.
- Helped ActivSky - a startup providing iOS based Point of Sale system and customer loyalty system. Documented the experience here
- Started my journey in Ruby on Rails, by working for Bosch Rexroth Australia (contracting through Aphid).
- Gave my first ever presentation on RORO meetup.
2010 - 2011
CodlFusion Technical Lead for Gruden, looking after their two core clients: Australia Department of Finance’s and NSW Government’s Tender applications.
2007 - 2010
ColdFusion developer for FForesite then RecruitAdvantage.
Started my IT career as a PHP web developer with S3 Group.